Greek New Year!
The Hellenic Society of Maine invites Maine's Armenian community to attend their annual New Year Social for an afternoon of good cheer and fellowship. Help our Greek friends celebrate the New Year with Vasilopita (New Year Cake), and maybe win the lucky coin!
January 19, 2017 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
327 Commercial St., Portland
(by Courtyard Marriott)
- Armenian refugees from Ottoman Turkey in Marseille, 1896.
- The Yeghoians, Maine's first documented Armenian immigrant family.
- Armenian Monument dedication, Portland 2003
- Monument inscription
- Young Armenian men at Old Orchard Beach, 1909
- ACAME picnic, Winslow Park, Freeport 2006 THis is a description
- Serunian's Grocery Store on Munjoy Hill, Portland, 1910
- Al (Bardezbanian) Gardener Ensemble performs at ACAME picnic, Freeport 2005
- Community recognition and Genocide Proclamation by Maine Senate, Augusta 2012
- John (Papazian) Martin's 20th Century Market on Congress St., Portland 1947
- Sayat Nova Dance Company, Portland 2010
- ACAME Picnic, Freeport 2006
- Christmas Mass at St. Paul Anglican Church, Portland 2008
- Local Armenian U.S. Army recruits in front of Portland High School, 1917
- Armenian Red Cross - Portland chapter, 1926
- ACAME picnic, Freeport 2008
- Armenian Dance, Portland 1954
- Armenian dance lessons, South Portland 2010
- Taner Akcem on Genocide Denial & Turkish National Security, Portland 2011